Saturday, June 25, 2011

time flies so fast..

..even when you're not having fun.

I can't believe it's already June. It seems like yesterdays when I first started as a nurse trainee, and now my 6 months is up. I have three more days of duty left. Granted, I still have at least four days of make up duties due to my absences, especially when I went to Beijing, but hey. What's four days compared to a lifetime's worth of memories of Beijing, right?

I have duty tomorrow, but I'm still up editing the output of our case presentation. I also finished making the diagram for our pathophysiology. Gawd. Encoding it is even more toxic than making it. Nothing's changed since my college days, I still prefer working on the patho than on the history, labs, or NCPs. And for some reason, like in college, I'm still stuck with a group who tends to choose long diagnoses.

Our current case is Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding from Ruptured Esophageal Varices Secondary to Liver Cirrhosis with Portal Hypertension.

Sounds complicated, right? But it's pretty straightforward, actually. I love learning about diseases. It's so much fun, and cool. Although there's nobody else to talk about it other than fellow nurses, and doctors.

I can sense a headache coming, and hopefully a good night's sleep, albeit a short one, will cure it. I hope God will bless us with a non-toxic duty tomorrow. Plus, a less toxic duty means I can catch up on my reading. And yes, I read novels during duty. That's how much of a bookworm I am.

No comments:

looking for something?