Wednesday, February 10, 2010

the past few days, and more

Friday I went to Cebu with my Dad last weekend. We left for Ormoc around 7PM last Friday, took the slow boat, and arrived at Cebu around 5AM the next day.

Saturday My Dad wanted a hotel or inn at Fuente, easier access to places, but almost every place was full. The last place we went to was Shamrock Pension, and thankfully, they had vacancies. We checked in, and my Dad and Kuya Larry (a family friend) went to the hospital because Kuya Larry's son was confined due to Dengue. I ate the breakfast we took out from McDo, then I went to sleep (couldn't sleep at the ship, someone was snoring waaaay too loud). We went to SM around 10:30, bought my iPod (more info below), ate lunch at the foodcaourt with my Dad's friends. Then they attended a conference, while I was only too happy to be left at SM while I waited for my fellow Dementeds Jin and Ken. Too bad Kim wasn't able to come with us, though. We just hung out, talked, did a little catching up as we didn't see each other since New Year's Day. The I treated them to dinner at Teriyaki Boy - I just love their Chicken Teriyaki! Yum :)

My iPod Video finally gave up on me, although it's not completely dead just yet. It has issues, though, which I'm hoping can be fixed. I forgot to bring it with me to Cebu so I can have it checked at PowerMac. I'm not giving up on my Vid, since we've been through lots together. My cousin gave it as a gift to me the first I time missed out on our yearly summer getaways (I missed 2, because I got summer classes - Batanes and Dakak). But I was able to join them last year, when I finally graduated, to Dumaguete and Antique. And this year we'll be going to Coron, Palawan. Can't wait.

Anyhoo, back to iPod talk. I asked my Dad for an iPod Touch as a gift to me for passing the NLE. I was aiming for a Nintendo Wii, but my Dad said I was too old for a Wii (I don't agree, though - in my book, one is never too old for a Wii, or any other related electronic gadget). I tried wiggling an iPhone out of him, but he said it's as expensive as my lappy here, so i settled for an iTouch instead. I love music, and I love movies. My iPod Video was loaded with music and movies, and my 30BG was almost used up. So when my Dad and I were browsing for my iTouch, I settled for the 64GB. A store was selling 17K for the 3GB. Good thing we didn't buy it at once, though. We went to another store offering 14K for the 32GB and 19K for the 64GB. I walked out a happy owner of a new 64GB iPod Touch.

Sunday My Dad and I went to Robinsons for a while. I bought a bunch of shirts, while he bought books from Booksale. Then we met up with my Sichi (she was there to attend a christening where she is godmother), my nephews and their dad (they had a soccer game). We went to SM again, where my nephew and I dumped my luggage at the grocery package counter. We went around, ate, and talked. My Dad met with a friend for lunch. Around 3PM we parted ways with my cousin and nephews, and we went to the port to catch the 4:40PM Supercat trip to Ormoc. We arrived at home at around 10PM.

Monday I went with Lex to Dr. Aquitania, he has an appointment to get his nose checked, for he often gets cold. Turns out he has Perennial Allergic Rhinitis. Then we went to RTR, I had to get a new set of transcripts for my application at PHC. We went to Robinsons afterward, had a late lunch. Then I dragged him to PRC, because I wanted to get my board rating. I got a measly 81.40%, but who cares? I effing passed! We went backed to Robinsons, where we watched Did You Hear About The Morgans? Then we went home.

Tuesday Went to PRC with Janz to get application forms, had our pictures taken at Robinsons. The we spent the rest of the day pigging out and playing at Tom's World. Jo caught up with us, then we joined Lex and his brother and Hans. Had dinner with Lex, Hans and Jo at Sunzibar. I love their Rum Ribs and Quesadillas. Yummy.

Today Was supposed to go back to PRC with Janz today, but I rescheduled for tomorrow as I wasn't feeling well. Cha came by, without notice, as usual. Then spent the whole day in bed.

No comments:

looking for something?