Wednesday, September 14, 2011

it's a go!

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Because somewhere in between brownies and choco chip pancakes, my Dad said YES! OMG, I've been waiting for this, and I'm so glad I now have his permission. Although, granted I would go for it, whether or not I have his permission. I was about to ask Ate Juliet, a good friend of our family, how to get a loan. She works at Insular Life and handles our insurance plans, and she told me once about their loan policies.

Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm gonna backtrack a little.

Ever since I was a little girl, my Mom would let me help in the kitchen, although I don't think I'm much of a help that time. And ever since I learned how to make my way in the kitchen, I've always known that I wanted to be a chef. But college got in the way, and when my Mom won't let me take up Psychology or Journalism and I ended up in Nursing, my cooking has taken a backseat. Sometime during the middle of my first year, I asked my Mom if I could shift from Nursing to Culinary Arts. She refused. But she promised me that if I finish Nursing first, she'd pay for my Culinary after college, if I still want it.

But halfway thru college, I decided to pursue Medicine, and become a doctor. Well, that didn't happen, which suck, but I'm over it now. I know I would have been an awesome doctor, though. So, it's their loss, whoever they are.

Which now comes to this. I did 6 months as a nurse volunteer, and while I did enjoy the work, despite how tiring it is, I just don't see myself being a nurse for the rest of my life. I don't think I received the calling from Florence Nightingale. And that led me to reflect on my life so far. I tried to think of a work/business that would profit, but also something that I would enjoy, and I circled back to my first love: food.

I love to eat, but more importantly, I love to cook. Or rather, bake. It started as a hobby, and became my major stress reliever while I was at school. Now, I'm hoping it can be more.

So.. I'm going to enroll at the Philippine School of Culinary Arts. Hopefully, after 10 months, I'll become a full-fledged Pastry Chef. *fingers crossed* My Mom supported me from the time I told her about my plans, but my Dad had some misgivings. Probably because the school is at Cebu, and this will be the first time I'm gonna be away from home for a long time, but he finally said yes! And OMG, but I'm just bubbling with happiness.

Sometime next week, I'm going back to Cebu to get a city health card as part of the requirements, enroll, and find a place to live. I'm so excited!

I was bored earlier to day so I decided to make brownies and chocolate chip pancakes as our late-afternoon snack.

The brownie batter.

Brownies! Fresh from the oven. =)

Pancake batter. It's not much to look at, but it's yummy! I like the batter better than the cooked pancake!
I don't know why it rotates to this position everytime I upload it, though.

Teflon pans. The best kitchen tool, ever. This rotates, too. I wonder why.

Chocolate chip pancakes ♥

Pancakes and brownies together. =)

No comments:

looking for something?