Sunday, July 15, 2012

sweet nothings

Aside from reading, nothing gives me more joy than baking and making little pastries for dessert. While I do miss being a nurse, and still have little bouts of nostalgia when I think about med school, I have no regrets. I'm so glad my Mom and Dad consented to this highly expensive endeavor. Culinary schools are expensive, and while my family is not lacking for comforts, we're not swimming with cash, either. My parents have always been supportive, and I feel so blessed and so lucky having them.

Couple more months and I'm done with school. I'm equal parts excited and anxious. Excited to be working and making desserts and baked goodies for a living; anxious to be starting all over again.

Here's three of our many projects (I was gonna post more pics but my net is acting up and uploads are real slow, maybe next time!) =]

Fruit torte.
Our epic Shit Cake, along with bite-sized brownies, pralines, mini cupcakes, and rumbles.

Charlotte cakes (the small ones), and a Dome cake.

No comments:

looking for something?