Friday, November 6, 2009

when the going gets tough, the tough gets band-aid.

I was feeling very shitty last Monday, that I actually went to church and just cried there. Then I just walked around downtown (walking helps me calm down and think) for like about an hour, and when I got to the Mercury Drug across our house, I went in. I picked up some Band-aids and some Loacker Sandwich, then I went home.

I actually thought about Band-aids when I got home. I have a bunch of 'em here. I kept buying them and I don't know why (aside from the fact that I am accident-prone, thus prone to scratches and wounds, so I like to be ready), until that day when I analyzed my actions. I realized that Band-aids are one of my security blankets (the others being sarongs and of course, food). I always buy a box of them whenever I'm feeling down, and I find myself near a grocery store or a pharmacy. They are my sources of comfort. :) Weird.

Anyway.. I have been out everyday these past days (to the annoyance of my parents).

Last Wednesday I was at Bo's with Cha (my ever beloved study buddy). She's the only person I can have a a study date with. We always hit the coffee shops, with each of us getting a separate table (we never seat together, because then we'd end up talking). We only talk to each other when we have clarifications regarding our topics. We chose Bo's that day because of their free WiFi. JK has WiFi, but it has limited use only (1 hour, I think), whereas Bo's has unlimited. We brought our laptops, and we downloaded movies from Torrent while we peruse our books and notes. We ate lunch at around 3 PM (late, I know), then we went to church with Jojo. Met with Lex afterwards and we all had dinner. Hans caught up with us later that night.

Thursday, Cha, Denise and I attended Fr. Suarez' Healing Mass. It was such a humbling experience. I attended his mass last year, and I'm so happy I was able to attend for a second time. We didn't stay for the healing though, there was plenty of people and we were really hungry, so we left. I just prayed to God, thanked Him, asked for blessings, and asked Him to heal those who needed it more than me.

We all went home afterward, and I minded our store for the whole day. Around 6 PM, a cargo truck passed by Rizal Avenue and one of the electrical wires got stuck on it. So naturally, when the truck moved forward, the wire snapped and we were plunged into darkness. I hate brownouts. It was hot at home, so I met with Jojo, Kenji and Lex (I've been spending way too much time with my ex) at the Dunkin Donuts a block away from my home. We stayed till 11 PM, talking, eating and taking pictures. It was a bunch of fun - cheap thrills, if you ask me. Then I had to go home coz my Dad was looking for me (I told him I won't be gone for long, I left at 8 PM, yet I went home at 11).

All in all, I had a good week, despite it's bad start. It's not over yet, though. I have weekend reviews. Boo.


// krissy ♥ said...

My security blankets are journals and a pen, pillows, and Skittles :) Hope you're feeling better Belay. Shucks, Lex is back?

Belle ♥ said...

i love skittles! hehe

for the sembreak. hahaha
i believe that ex's can be friends.. pero ang hirap pag barkada mo. wahaha

looking for something?