Sunday, August 22, 2010

already an RN, also a CCN =)

After two months of my Critical Care Course, I'm finally proud to say that aside from being a Registered Nurse, I'm now also a Critical Care Nurse. The whole course was stressful and tiring, but I definitely gained a lot of knowledge and skills. But the best part of it all was the people i was with - strangers at first who became good friends along the way. I am surely gonna miss each and everyone of my 68 classmates.

On another different note, I'm currently at a loss. Before, I was so sure of what I want to do with my life. Finish nursing, graduate, pass the board exam, and proceed to study medicine and become a great doctor one day. But that was all before my plans crumbled. So I decided to take it slow. Take a training or two, maybe even work for a while, clear my head. Then proceed to study med if I still feel like it. The thing is, taking the CCC was a big mistake (not that I regret it) because we were exposed to different ICUs, and I saw how nurses provide care to really, really sick people of all ages. And I find it very fulfilling, and humbled by what I saw. I have nothing against doctors, I give them my utmost respect, but it's the nurse who gives round-the-clock care to the patient. The doctor sees that patient for what, like 5 minutes? Then charges a huge amount for it. Not that all doctors are like that, I know, but still.

So therein lies my dilemma - be a nurse, or be a doctor? Oh, I forgot, I have a third one. I want a baby so bad.. Too bad my bf won't cooperate. LOL But serously, I feel like was born to be a mother, and didn't the Bible say that we should go forth and multiply? My bf doesn't want kids yet, he has his reasons - whatever - I wasn't listening coz I was too busy imagining twins (a boy and a girl) who are miniature Belle and Lex =P

Another jump to a different topic. I read that Krissy got a Globe postpaid plan. I've been dying to get one, too, but I don't want to change my digits, so I've been postponing it. Maybe I'll get one soon. =)

I've been missing home so bad, i miss my parents, and my dogs, too. That's why I'm so excited to be going back home to my province next month. I can't wait to see my parents, my friends, and my dogs! =)

No comments:

looking for something?