Saturday, March 24, 2012

conquering the world one pastry at a time

Baking. God, how I love it. I feel as if this time, I'm doing what I really love, I'm going to be something I really want. I feel as if this is what I'm meant to be. After 6 months or so, I'm gonna be a pastry chef. I can't wait!

To me, each day is like a treat. We make all kinds of bread, muffins and cookies. And making bread sounds easy, but it's not. It needs a lot of patience, and a lot of work. Trust me, kneading a dough is work.

We're having our final exam next Wednesday, and after that we get a 2-week reprieve from school. I'm so excited, I'm going home right after our exam. It's not all vacation, though. I still have to do all my costing. Ugh.

"Life isn't perfect, but everything you bake in the kitchen can be. It's a moment of order and edible art in a life of disorder and chaos."
-Henry's Sisters (Cathy Lamb) ♥
These are my faves so far:

Popovers filled with pastry cream.
Hot cross buns.
Classic Pinoy pandesal.
Waffles. But we didn't use a waffle pan, so it looks like a pancake. =)
Blueberry muffins.

There's more, but for some reason I'm having a hard time posting pics. I'll just uplload them on my next post. =)

No comments:

looking for something?