Friday, April 13, 2012

Titanic 3D

84 years later, a 101-year-old woman named Rose DeWitt Bukater tells the story to her granddaughter Lizzy Calvert, Brock Lovett, Lewis Bodine, Bobby Buell and Anatoly Mikailavich on the Keldysh about her life set in April 10th 1912, on a ship called Titanic when young Rose boards the departing ship with the upper-class passengers and her mother, Ruth DeWitt Bukater, and her fiancé, Caledon Hockley. Meanwhile, a drifter and artist named Jack Dawson and his best friend Fabrizio De Rossi win third-class tickets to the ship in a game. And she explains the whole story from departure until the death of Titanic on its first and last voyage April 15th, 1912 at 2:20 in the morning.


One of my all-time favorite movies, I've watched Titanic lots of times, and yet it never gets old. I was so excited to watch it in 3D. So much, that Jin and I set a date months ago. We wanted to see if the 3D version would make us feel as if we're sinking with the Titanic, too.


What was supposed to be a simple movie date turned out to be so much more. More craziness and laughter, that is. We wouldn't stop singing Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On. And when Jojo bought the tickets, he asked the saleslady "5 tickets for Near, Far, Wherever You Are." The look on the saleslady's face was so funny, we couldn't stop laughing.

Normally, I don't watch movies in 3D. Not only is it more expensive, it makes my head hurt. But I liked how they turned the movie into 3D. Simple, and not overly done.

This may be the Titanic's most famous scene..

But this.. This will always be my favorite.

No comments:

looking for something?