Monday, April 2, 2012

it's good to be home

I just got home a couple days ago for the Lenten season. It's the time to bond with the family and to catch up with friends. I've been going out with my high school loves these past two days, and it's all fun!

Last Saturday, I watched Wrath of the Titans with Lex, Hans, and Kim. It wasn't bad, but they have lots to learn about basic Greek mythology. Hephaestus was supposed to be scarred and ugly, right? And it wasn't him who built the Labyrinth, it was Daedalus. Blah blah. I could go on. But anyway, all in all it was a good movie. Queen Andromeda (Rosamund Pike) just gets prettier and prettier. And it took me a while to figure out why Hades (Ralph Fiennes) looks so familiar. From The Dark Lord to Lord of the Underworld. Lord Voldemort just looks so different with his nose intact.

After the movie we met up with Lea, Diane, Gretchen and my cousin June. We went to Leyte Park. Margaritas. T Ice. GPS. RH. Drinks all around. And, food, of course. It was a night of good fun and way too much laughter. It's nice to be with people who've known you for more than a decade, who've seen you through your best and, sometimes, worst, moments, and yet still loves you. It's a bond that hasn't been, and never will be, broken.

We all went home around 3am. More than tipsy but not drunk, our tummies full, worn out with laughter, and just plain happy.

Yesterday, we attended my niece/goddaughter's first birthday. Good food, good friends, good fun. We joined in the games, and it was so funny! We went to Rob after, where we stayed at Bo's for a while before playing Bingo. Harmless fun, but sadly, we just lost money. Rotten luck. We were supposed to watch The Hunger Games, but since we didn't really want to watch it, we decided to stay and play.

Went to Manang's BBQ afterwards, then to Wyomie's. Hans and Lex went home first, so it was just me, Lea, June, Son, Kim and Chen. Lea, June and Kim played billiards while Chen, Son and I had a heart-to-heart talk. =) I got home around 12 midnight. I'm just so tired after two days of endless parties.

I'll end this post with two pictures. The first one is our (Lex and mine) birthday gift to Kaylee. Rumbles. Yummy =) The second one is what made my luggage home a bit heavier than it should have been. Went crazy at Booksale and bought 13 books. A couple of them aren't in the picture, though.

Rumbles. Numnums. =)
I switched to an e-Reader because it's cheaper, but every once in a while, I'd still go back to my first love, real books. <3

No comments:

looking for something?