Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Me-time badly needed!

I need some time off, seriously. 

In between doing housework, going to the shop, and finishing up the work I have on the side, I need to make some time for myself. I like being busy, it keeps me from thinking way too much about what's weighing me down these days, but this is seriously killing me.

I have a constant headache, and don't even get me started on my back. What I need is a nice, long massage but I don't even have time for that.

Adding to the stress is my Mom leaving for Manila tomorrow, so it's just going to be me and my Dad for a few days.. And that means I get to do all the housework — cleaning, cooking, washing, feeding the dogs.. At least he's the one who brings the dogs up to our rooftop to let them do their "thing".

Not that my Mom is going for fun. My Uncle J had another attack, I think. Or maybe they saw something on his physical, I'm not clear on the details. All I know is something is wrong with his heart, and they (my uncle and my cousins) are flying to Manila from Bacolod and heading straight to Philippine Heart Center. My Mom is going to meet them at the airport.

My Uncle J is a fighter. He had a coronary bypass a few years back, and he emerged from that first attack stronger than ever. I'm praying that he's going to fight this off, too.

And here I am complaining about being tired when others have it worse than me. But I think I earned the right to be selfish for a bit. Just this time. 

It's almost 2 AM now. I just finished some extra work I've been doing (a little sideline to earn some extra moolah) and instead of ranting about how tired I am, maybe I should've just went straight to bed, huh?

Zzzzzz

No comments:

looking for something?