Sunday, January 31, 2016

Re-reading my feel-good books

It's been a stressful two weeks, and I've got a lot on my plate.. So what do I do to keep my stress level at a less-than-crazy-but-not-much rate? I read.

Reading, for me, is not just a pasttime, nor a hobby. It's a necessity. I like reading because it takes me away, away from this stress. And while I read pretty much anything, whenever I need a distraction I have several go-to books I always re-read.

These are the books I never get tired of repeating, and most of these I've read more than 5 times. The ones on top of my list are Harry Potter (of course this tops the list, I've been a fan ever since I read Sorcerer's stone when I was in Grade 5), Percy Jackson (I love Greek mythology and I fell for the books as soon as I read them), Heroes of Olympus (because I can never get enough of Percy and Annabeth), The Hunger Games (not a fave, but when I'm way too stressed I like to read about the tributes killing each other), Pride and Prejudice (my all-time big-time favorite book ever), Julie James' books (no idea, but I love them).. And the list goes on. I have probably a dozen authors and series on my feel-good list.

But anyway, this time I've re-read Rick Riordan's books. I've finished the 5 books of Percy Jackson and now I'm on the second book of Heroes of Olympus. 

Sometimes I imagine I'm a demigod (because I'm awesome that way). I'd like to think that I am a daughter of Athena, my favorite Greek goddess. Heh.





No comments:

looking for something?