Monday, February 22, 2016

Karma's one angry bitch and she's out to get you


I'm not a selfish person. At least, I don't think I am. 

I am not rich. My family is not rich. But we do have the means to live comfortably. We aren't flashy; we prefer simplicity. I'd like to think that we're a middle-class family. Doesn't mean I wasn't taught about the value of money. We're Chinese, so yeah. Thriftiness is part of my upbringing.

But being thrifty does not equate to selfishness. I was raised to be giving, to share what I have to those who need it more than I do. 

Yes, I spend a lot (mostly on books and food) but the money I spend is my own (unless my parents give me hihi). I used to work, and I split my salary into 3 parts: savings, household bills (yes, I help my parents with the bills), and shopping. So when I quit my job and started a business with one of my friends, I felt a little.. Broke. Well, not really. I mean, I have savings, but I had to control my spending because our shop isn't earning much yet. But instead of feeling down, I searched for other ways to earn extra income. I do odd freelance jobs online, and now I'm planning a new venture to earn more.

So you might be wondering what this rant is about? I mean, there's no correlation between karma and my rant above, right?

Anyway, moving on.. Yesterday, I accidentally left my wallet at the shop. It had exactly P2120 in it, plus a few coins (mostly of the 10 and 25 centavo variety), and when I went back to get it, I opened it an saw only P1100 inside. 

I called my partner, and I also asked one of our staffs (the one who's been with us the longest), and both of them didn't know anything about it. 

I got really mad, but then I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and tried to calm myself down. I told myself it's just money, yes, hard-earned money, but just money nonetheless. I don't know who took it, and I don't really care. But if it was someone I knew, someone who really knew me, then he/she should've known that had he/she asked me, I would've let him/her borrow it. No deadlines, no interest, just one person helping another.

But no. Fucking person had to resort to stealing, and I am not happy about it.

Which brings us to karma. I believe in karma. What goes around, comes around and all that shit. And I also believe that what's coming around is a thousand times worse than what you did. I don't care how, I don't care when. I don't even care if I got to see it, or hear about it. All I care is that divine retribution is coming, and you'd better watch your ass because you won't know what'll hit you. I swear with all that's good and mighty, karma is coming for you. Bitch.

No comments:

looking for something?