Saturday, January 1, 2011

hello, 2011 =)

2010 was a good year for me. It has its ups and downs, but all in all, it was an awesome year.

It was the year when I passed the Nursing board exam, the year when the Bf and I got back together, when my Dad bought me an iPod Touch, when I first met Sigaw sisters Krissy and Ate Cess way back in March, and then met Kaiye and Grace later on with Krissy, when I first went to Palawan, when I trained and got my IV license, when I enrolled at PHC's Critical Care Course and met new people who eventually became friends, and the year when HP 7.1 was shown.

Of course, 2010 wasn't all butterflies and rainbows. There were moments when it felt like it was the lowest point of my life, such as the time when I felt like everyone save for my Mom is sabotaging my plans to study Medicine. It was during those days when I'd be crying on either my Mom or my Bf, wailing about how people in my family can't mind their own business and how unfair life can be.

But I got over it, and although there were times when I'd really resent my Aunt for all her meddling, I was finally able to let things go. It was mostly due to Crit, for it was then that I realized that I really enjoy being a nurse. And as cliched as this might sound, it also gives me simple pleasures to be able to help other people. Yes, it's a job and we get paid, but being paid does not lessen the service we give to others as nurses. Hello, nurses are all overworked and underpaid here in the Philippines, but there are still a number of us serving here, mainly because we live to serve.

My Mom stood by me in everything; she listened to my incessant rants, and comforted me when I thought everyone was against me. Of course, my Bf and my friends were all very understanding and helpful, and without them, I don't think I'd be able to get through all those things.

2010 was a blast, hopefully 2011 will be better.

Happy New Year everyone! 1.1.11 ♥

No comments:

looking for something?