Wednesday, May 30, 2018

procreate brushes i bought

So I recently posted about all (the ones I could find again, anyway) the Procreate brushes I got for free. Most of them are awesome - my favorites are mostly from Abbie Nurse - but I also bought a few brushes. And I must admit, I use the ones I bought more frequently than those that I downloaded for free.

So here I'm making a list of all the brushes I bought, noting the ones I use most often and what my favorites are.

Chalk Dust by Ian Barnard - I tried out a couple of free chalk brushes, but I find none that is as easy to use and as smooth as Ian Barnard's brushes. This set comes with 6 lettering chalks, 7 chalk effects, 2 script brushes from Stefan Kunz, 6 blackboards, an installation guide, tips and tricks sheet, and alphabet examples. The ones I use the most are the Stefan's Chalk Brush and Dust.

I modified the Chalk Brush and made it into a monoline brush.

Creative Lettering Procreate Bundle by Dawn Nicole - Dawn is one of the first had letterers I followed. I read her posts, joined her Facebook group, and basically stalked her on social media. Her lettering style is not something I would do myself (because I can't do it lol) but I enjoy looking at her bold colored designs. Plus, her blog is really informative! This is comes with 15 brushes - 7 brushes and 8 stamps.

This is one of my favorite projects. The color palette is also Dawn's.

Step By Step Floral Bundle and Step By Step Floral Monogram by Karin Newport -  Karin is admittedly my favorite lettering artist. She is very responsive on Facebook (she answered all my questions about the brushes when I messaged her, and is very patient despite my many questions), and her lessons and tutorials are easy to follow. I got the Monogram bundle first, but I had so much fun that I also bought the Floral bundle after a while. The bundles come with all sorts of flowers and leaves stamps. The Monogram bundle comes with, yes you guessed it, monograms that you can use as template. Karin also has a tutorial about it that is very useful for first timers like me.

I spent hours working on these. I'm going through all the letters of the alphabet.

Watercolor Advanced Set by Karin Newport - This is my favorite watercolor brush set. I have tried a few, but this is the only one I paid for, and it was worth it! I don't use real watercolor as a medium (because let's face it - I suck at it), but using these brushes feel like I'm actually painting with real watercolors. This set comes with 20 individual brushes,  but the ones I use the most are the Watercolor Calligraphy brush and the Wet Blend. Oh, and this comes with a watercolor texture file, too!

This is my first watercolor project. I followed Karin's tutorial on this. I may have gone a little bit overboard on the colors.

Keep Lettering Set and Lettery Set by Karin Newport - By now, you might have figured that most of my brushes come from Karin. I swear, it's all worth it. And no, I'm not getting a commission nor is this a sponsored ad. I just really like her brushes because I feel like it's tailor-made for me and for the way I write. I never had to adjust the settings, I just use the brushes as is. My favorites are the Serif and Invitation Script Brushes.

Made this using the Invitation Script brush, which I use on just about everything I letter.

And last but not the least, Procreate Brushes and Foil Textures by Summit Avenue - I bought this because of the textures, primarily. The brushes were an added bonus because I also use them often. I've downloaded my share of foil textures but have found none that I really like, until I stumbled upon these. The unicorn textures are absolutely adorable.

I don't have any projects saved on my laptop using these brushes or textures, so I'll just leave this here.

So, that's it. I'm really contented with the brushes that I have and because of that (also in an effort to save money), I stopped searching for and looking at any more brushes. I feel like I don't need any much more anyway, except maybe when it's free. Then hells yeah, I'm definitely gonna get it.

1 comment:

PandaGeneral said...

Graffiti Brushes Procreate
Look at our multiply graffiti brushes procreate determination for the absolute best in interesting or custom, carefully assembled pieces from our advanced shops.

looking for something?