Saturday, December 25, 2010

getting into the spirit of the holiday season

I've always loved Christmas. I mean, what's not to love? ♥

I completed the 9-day Misa de Gallo for the fourth year running. I'm not a morning person, and being that, I usually go to sleep around 11 PM or later. So it is really a big sacrifice for me to get up at 3 AM to attend mass at 4. It is especially hard to focus on the homily with only two hours of sleep, but I managed to get by.

We don't usually feast on Christmas Eve, we save all the celebrations for New Year's Eve. But that doesn't mean we don't have to prepare a little bit of something. Spaghetti is always a must, and I also made cupcakes to go with it. I added food coloring to my cupcakes, I opted for the colors red, green and blue (very Christmasy, don't you think?) but my Mom told me nobody eats green and blue cupcakes, and she made me go with red only. Bummer.

Adding the red food coloring. Kinda looks like drops of blood, doesn't it?
(Sorry, I can't keep my morbid thoughts out.)

Up close.

Red muffins for Christmas!

Before

After

I've been craving for Mango Float for a long time, so I made those, too. Dad ate my mangoes, but good thing I hid several of them in the vegetable drawer in our refrigerator. =)

Anyway, I'm having an awesome Christmas. I hope you guys are, too!

Nothing is impossible with God.
And because God loves us, he even makes the impossible for us.
-Fr. Ric

HAVE A BLESSED CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

No comments:

looking for something?