Monday, August 20, 2012

Expendables 2

Plot Summary: The Expendables are reunited when Mr. Church enlists them to take on a seemingly simple job. When things go wrong, the Expendables are compelled to seek revenge in hostile territory, where the odds are stacked against them. Hell-bent on payback, the crew cuts a swath of destruction through opposing forces, wreaking havoc and shutting down an unexpected threat in the nick of time - five tons of weapons-grade plutonium, more than enough to change the balance of power in the world. But that's nothing compared to the justice they serve against the villainous adversary they seek revenge from.

Rating: 4/5

Comments: I really enjoyed the first movie, considering it wasn't my idea to watch it (see my previous post) and I just know I'm gonna enjoy this one. Lex and I watched it yesterday, and it was great fun. Even better than the first one, I should say.

I was disappointed because I wanted more of Jet Li, but he didn't come back after dropping off somewhere in China. But anyway, I really enjoyed Crews with his massive guns (such a far cry from his making-my-way-downtown days) and Lundgren with his funny goofs (especially with the bomb part). Oh, and who wouldn't love Chuck Norris? Van Damme portrayed an awesome villain, but his fight scene with Stallone could've been longer, though. Oh, and I'm glad they added a female to the team.

All in all, it's what I think an action movie should be - pure testosterone with just the right touch of humor.

It's a must-see movie! =)

No comments:

looking for something?