Tuesday, August 21, 2012

reminiscin' the years gone by

In my previous post, I mentioned that Multiply will say bye-bye to it's social networking part. So I went on a Multiply frenzy, I looked at past pictures, browsed at the things I've posted, and read my blog. It's gonna be hard to part with all those memories, but damn if I'm letting it all go. I'm trying to find a way to import my posts to Blogger, but just in case I can't, I saved up my favorite posts. Bittersweet and heartwarming memories, funny moments with friends.. These are forever etched in my heart, but I just want a written souvenir of my thoughts of those times.

Written in bold are the date and the title of the blog post, and those in italic are excerpts from the blog post itself. The ones in plain text after each post are just little "footnotes" I've added.

I'm gonna miss my Multiply site.

Jan. 21, 2007 | 2 years and counting..
January 22, 2007. That's our anniversary tomorrow..

We finally hit our two year mark.. But after three months or so, we broke up. =(

May 13, 2007 | Admitted.
Being admitted to the hospital wasn’t as scary as I first thought it would be. In fact, it was kinda fun.

I spent 3 days and 2 nights confined at Bethany Hospital. Why? Simple. Diarrhea. In all my 18 years of existence I’ve never been admitted to the hospital. And now, I did. Because of plain, old diarrhea.

It was much more than that, but still. Felt like just diarrhea to me. I actually had acute gastroenteritis with moderate dehydration and hypokalemia. Bouts of diarrhea and vomiting for four days or so, and I didn’t tell my Mom. By the time I finally realized I am too sick to pretend that I’m still awesome (high five, Barney!), I’m already dehydrated and my potassium level’s low. So my doctor admitted me.

May 15, 2007 | The significant other.
This blog is dedicated to Mr. Gonuts. He's a significant other (that's what I call the unknown). He's the spirit of the old man standing outside my hospital room.

Anyway, according to Jin, he died in 1929. I don't know if Bethany existed then, though. He died alone there. So yeah, he held grudges. But his anger seems to diminish over time. Every once in a while, he visits the place. Jin said she's not sure, but his name starts with R. Still, he'll always be Mr. Gonuts to me. I named him that because when Jin said that he was standing there, I was thinking of Gonuts Donuts.

He's nice, for a spirit. I'm usually scared of them, especially knowing they're right there. Jin knows this. I don't know why, but this was the first time that I haven't been scared. Matter of fact, I like him. He entered my room and used the CR there. I might be dreaming when I heard the door opened & closed, or when i heard the toilet flushing, but Jin said he must have entered my room.

Jin is my weird bestie. Weird, because she sees dead people. I kid you not. I love you, weirdo! =)

May 18, 2007 | Deep, confusing thoughts.
"You don't know what you've got till it's gone."

This is one of those clichés that I actually agree to. One can have everything one desires, yet still take them for granted. Not knowing, or better yet, not expecting that one day that thing will be gone. And that's the only time that one will realize the true worth of that thing. Sad.

But then, as I've said before, life is a constant process of holding on & letting go. Maybe it's time to let go of that thing and move on. Yet, what if the thing itself didn't even want to leave in the first place, but left with no choice? But what if, even if given the chance, that thing won't look back, won't go back to what it has left in the first place?

Now, relating to me, maybe I got tired of fixing something that was never meant to be fixed. Or maybe it was just waiting for the right place, the right time, and the right person to fix it? Whatever it is, I'm tired of holding on. So I let go. Under different circumstances, I would have cried buckets of tears. But I've learned to priorities things in the past few days. And I got to think a lot while I was in the hospital. Out of boredom, I must say, but it did me good. So yeah. I won’t trifle myself with trivial matters anymore.

The only thing permanent in this world is change. Change is inevitable. And that's what's happening to me now. A lot changed in these past few weeks. And I'm trying as hell to adapt.

“Maybe we started out from the wrong place.
Sometimes, it's not that things break down..
It's more that they were never quite right to begin with.”

So.. This was the first time I let public about my thoughts on our break up. Not that specific, but I always thought that it says it all. I was so bitter those days.

June 22, 2007 | No turning back..
Life is ironic..
Sometimes you keep on crying even if the guy neglects you.
But you get surprised one day just when you stopped crying and find someone new,
That's when he starts crying.. For losing you.

Just a quote, really. Still not moving on about the break up. I never did find someone new, though.

July 15, 2007 | Just a thought.
Why can't people just accept what has happened & face reality rather than hold on to what used to be?

One of life's bitter realities is that we have to accept the fact that not all things are meant to last forever. The only thing permanent in this world is change, so whether we like it or not, things are bound to change every once in a while.

Knowing that, why do we even let ourselves get attached w/ a person when we know that eventually the time will come that we'll have to separate w/ them?< I'm not being cynical; I know that there are some things that last – provided that it's the right place & the right time. It's just that, we put too much, we give too much, to the point that we're giving away a piece of ourselves before we even realize it. Then, in a flash, it's all gone. & we're left feeling incomplete, because a part of us was taken away by the person whom we gave our all.

Damn. Did I really write all those stuff?

July 25, 2007 | The essence of a woman.
I saw a mother give birth this afternoon..

The first time a saw a delivery. Damn. Must’ve hurt. I remember it changed my mind about getting pregnant early.

December 6, 2007 | Drama? Haha.
Kung nakaya ko, kaya mo rin.. Naalala mo nung ako ang nanjan?
Oh eh, di ba't kaw pa nagsabi sakin na baka kaya tayo iniwan ng taong mahal natin kasi..
Baka merong bagong darating na mas ok.. Na mas mamahalin tayo.. Ung taong di tayo sasaktan at paaasahin..
Ung nagiisang tao na magtatama ng mali sa buhay natin.. Ng lahat ng mali sa buhay mo..
-Popoy (One More Chance)

Watched One More Chance with friends a month before that post. I don’t even know why I posted that quote, but I’ve always love it.

January 10, 2008 | In loving memory of Rico.
Born: October 27, 1999
Died: January 10, 2008

Our dog died that day. Sad.

Rico, wearing my nephew's old shirt. I've painted this for him.

May 29, 2008 | Janelle’s gonna kill me for this..
..But it would be such a shame I if don't post this!

She said: "I don't want to marry an obstetrician, because what if they get tired looking at *censored*? I don't want him to get tired looking at it!"

I do love talking with Janz. She’s got the weirdest ideas, ever.

November 8, 2008 | Rainy days..
..Are all about:
Drinking a warm cup of coffee..
Wearing cool rainy weather outfits..
Having a good sleep..
Chilling at home while listening to love songs..
Missing someone.. c:

I do love rainy days. Especially if you have someone to cuddle with. =)

January 8, 2009 | Wasted.
Anyway, I painted part of my room this afternoon. My room's currently under renovation, as I'm adding bookshelves and cabinets.

Why do people do drugs anyway? They can just inhale paint and get on with it.

I'm experiencing paint-induced euphoria. I feel so wasted. It's like I've drank gallons of tequila. I feel great!

God I remember this. I was so high that day! I felt like I was floating.

September 22, 2009 | RIP Chelsea =(
Born: August 12, 2009
Died: September 22, 2009

This is the last post I made.

My Reina got pregnant for the first time.. And gave birth to 6 puppies. My friend Cha was gonna buy one of them, and named her Chelsea. Sadly our big dog Rixia bit her (she’s a bit territorial about food), and she died that same night from a head wound. That puppy died in my arms and I cried the whole night.

Month-old Chelsea. Doesn't she look adorable?

No comments:

looking for something?