Thursday, March 4, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

Synopsis: On a golden afternoon, young Alice follows a White Rabbit, who disappears down a nearby rabbit hole. Quickly following him, she tumbles into the burrow - and enters the merry, topsy-turvy world of Wonderland! Memorable songs and whimsical escapades highlight Alice’s journey, which culminates in a madcap encounter with the Queen of Hearts - and her army of playing cards!

Rating: 4.5/5

Comments: I'd love to see this movie again, on 3D!

The movie was great, but not really memorable. I guess I had high expectations; I mean, it is a Tim Burton movie, and with Johnny Depp as one of the main cast, who would expect less?

However, although they made radical changes from the original story, I loved the movie. And I abso-freakin-lutely love the cast - I'm a huge fan of Helena Bonham Carter and Johnny Depp. Although I don't think Anne Hathaway fits the role of the White Queen - it just wasn't her.

I'm still hung up on the Red Queen's "Off with their heads!"

Oh, and the Cheshire Cat was just adorable. I'm no cat person, but I wouldn't mind having a pet cat that looks like that. :)

No comments:

looking for something?